40 Hour Hazwoper
40 Hour HAZWOPER – Tuition $550
Tuition: $550| Times: 8:00 – 4:30 | CEU’s: 4.0
February 13-17th, 2017
|Wesley Chapel, FL|
This course is also offered on a contract basis, please contact email@example.com – minimum of 10 students
This training course will help employees assess the hazards associated with uncontrolled hazardous waste sites to determine whether work can be conducted in a safe manner. Required competencies will be addressed through a combination of lecture, group exercises, and hands-on exercises.
• Develop a level of competency that would allow employees to recognize unsafe conditions at uncontrolled hazardous waste sites
• Develop the necessary tools to evaluate site conditions.
• Develop decision matrix for establishment of safe work atmospheres through engineering controls, administrative controls, and/or personnel protective equipment (PPE).
• Discuss emergency responses to hazmat incidents to determine whether or not response can be taken in a safe manner.
The training course will cover:
• Names of personnel and alternates responsible for site safety and health
• Safety, health and other hazards present on the site
• Personal Protective Equipment and field exercise
• Work practices to minimize risks from hazards
• Safe use of engineering controls and equipment on the site
• Medical surveillance requirements
• Decontamination procedures and field exercise
• Emergency response plan and field exercise
• Confined space entry procedures
• Drum Handling and field exercise
• Spill containment program
Students will be evaluated through a series of section quizzes and a comprehensive written examination at the end of the course. Group activities include the compilation and presentation of site safety and health plans based on given scenarios. Instructor evaluation will also be conducted through field exercises during drum handling activities, PPE dress out, use of field survey equipment, decontamination methods and implementation, and emergency response exercise. A certificate of completion will be issued to each student who has demonstrated competency in the field exercises and has scored a minimum of 70% on all quizzes and examinations.
A cancellation fee equal to 25% will be assessed. Cancellation notification must be in writing (fax or email are acceptable) and received (not postmarked) 10 business days prior to the start date of the course. If the notice of cancellation is received 10 or more business days prior to the course start date, you may choose to send a substitute student or transfer to another course without penalty. If you choose to transfer to another course, you must take the course within six months of the original course date. After six months, the funds will be forfeited. You may only transfer your registration one time with approval. A $12 fee may be assessed.
If you must cancel your registration less than 10 business days prior to the course start date, you may choose to substitute a person. However, no transfers or refunds are available during this time period.
If you register for a course during the 10-day window prior to the start date and you must cancel your registration, you may choose to substitute a person. No transfer or refunds are available during this time period.
Registration fees are assessed in accordance with USF OTI Education Center cancellation rules. All fees are subject to change without prior notice. The USF OTI Education Center will make every effort to advertise any such changes if they occur.