40 Hour Hazwoper
40 Hour Hazwoper – Tuition $550
|March 2-6, 2015||Wesley Chapel, FL||Click to Register|
This training course will help employees assess the hazards associated with uncontrolled hazardous waste sites to determine whether work can be conducted in a safe manner. Required competencies will be addressed through a combination of lecture, group exercises, and hands-on exercises.
• Develop a level of competency that would allow employees to recognize unsafe conditions at uncontrolled hazardous waste sites
• Develop the necessary tools to evaluate site conditions.
• Develop decision matrix for establishment of safe work atmospheres through engineering controls, administrative controls, and/or personnel protective equipment (PPE).
• Discuss emergency responses to hazmat incidents to determine whether or not response can be taken in a safe manner.
The training course will cover:
• Names of personnel and alternates responsible for site safety and health
• Safety, health and other hazards present on the site
• Personal Protective Equipment and field exercise
• Work practices to minimize risks from hazards
• Safe use of engineering controls and equipment on the site
• Medical surveillance requirements
• Decontamination procedures and field exercise
• Emergency response plan and field exercise
• Confined space entry procedures
• Drum Handling and field exercise
• Spill containment program
Students will be evaluated through a series of section quizzes and a comprehensive written examination at the end of the course. Group activities include the compilation and presentation of site safety and health plans based on given scenarios. Instructor evaluation will also be conducted through field exercises during drum handling activities, PPE dress out, use of field survey equipment, decontamination methods and implementation, and emergency response exercise. A certificate of completion will be issued to each student who has demonstrated competency in the field exercises and has scored a minimum of 70% on all quizzes and examinations.
COURSE DATES- Click city for address, hotel and directions. If city is not hyperlinked, the exact course location has not yet been determined.
Tuition: $550| CEU’s: 4.0
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation notification must be in writing (fax or email are acceptable) and received (not postmarked) 5 days prior to the start of the course. A cancellation fee equal to 25% will be assessed. Written cancellations received less than 5 working days prior to the event will be charged the cancellation fee plus the cost of the Manual and CFR. No-shows will be billed.
Substitutes are welcome without penalty. Please allow up to 2-3 weeks for any refunds. The USF Office of Continuing Professional Development reserves the right to cancel this activity due to unforeseen circumstances. In the event of such cancellation, only the registration fee will be returned to the registrant. The USF Office of Continuing Professional Development will not be responsible for travel expenses incurred by the participant in case of cancellation.