OSHA 2015 – Hazardous Materials – Tuition $700
General CEUs: 2.5| Times: 8:00 – 4:30 |
COURSE DATES- Click course location for address, hotel and directions. If the city is not highlighed, than the exact course location has not yet been determined.
|NEW 2016 DATES!|
|Apr. 11-14 2016||Miramar, FL||Closed|
|June 20-23, 2016||Wesley Chapel, FL||Click to Register|
|July 5-8, 2016||Ft. Lauderdale, Fl||Click to Register|
|September 19-22, 2016||Wesley Chapel, FL||Click to Register|
|December 12-15, 2016||Wesley Chapel, FL||Click to Register|
ABIH: ABIH has previously awarded CM credit for this event. The current event contains 26 hours which can be claimed for CM credit. Rules and additional information for Event Providers is available at: http://www.abih.org/maintain-certification/cm-credit-education-events
This course covers OSHA General Industry Standards and other consensus and proprietary standards that relate to the use of hazardous materials. Course topics include flammable and combustible liquids, compressed gases, LP-gases, and cryogenic liquids. Related processes such as spraying and dipping, and use of electrical equipment in hazardous locations are also discussed. Upon course completion students will have the ability to assess compliance with OSHA hazardous materials standards, determine hazardous (classified) locations, and proper moving, storing, and handling of hazardous materials. Minimum student contact hours: 26
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
• Describe methods for detecting unsafe storage conditions for hazardous materials
• Explain electrical factors that may contribute to the creation or abatement of hazardous conditions
• Relate hazardous conditions and unsafe procedures to the appropriate standards for abatement action
• Specify the necessary precautions for hazardous operations, such as the dispensing of flammable and combustible liquids
• Describe proper abatement techniques for selected industrial hazards.
• Flammable and combustible liquids
• Compressed gases
• Cryogenic liquids
• Spraying and dipping processes
• Electrical equipment
• Process Safety Management
• Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response
• Permit-required confined space entry
Cancellation notification must be in writing (fax or email are acceptable) and received (not postmarked) 5 days prior to the start of the course. A cancellation fee equal to 25% will be assessed. Written cancellations received less than 5 working days prior to the event will be charged the cancellation fee plus the cost of the Manual and CFR. No-shows will be billed.
Substitutes are welcome without penalty. Please allow up to 2-3 weeks for any refunds. The USF Office of Continuing Professional Development reserves the right to cancel this activity due to unforeseen circumstances. In the event of such cancellation, only the registration fee will be returned to the registrant. The USF Office of Continuing Professional Development will not be responsible for travel expenses incurred by the participant in case of cancellation.